as for the birds...

So, for the last few mornings, I've been waking up at about 5.20am because of my neighbour's alarm going off. I don't know where he's gone, but it beeps about 26 times, pauses for about the length of 10 beeps, then beeps another 26 - and so on. This is very annoying because my alarm doesn't go off until 5.50am (at which point I hit snooze and get up at about 6 ..) Being the person that I am, though, anything that wakes me up after about 5am, wakes me up for good. So I lay in bed thinking, I should really be sleeping now, but can't!! eeerrggg

Anyway this morning, being Sunday, fabulously my neighbour's alarm didn't go off - but instead the lovely, awesome, joyful BIRDS started singing their little hearts out at about 7am - and it was like a convention or something, maybe about 1,000 mynas were _right_outside_my bedroom_window ... Geeeeez .... (if you follow that link and play the sound "roost", really loud, over and over, that's what I woke up to ....)

I do like living where I do, because of the bush out the back, but it's hard to love it when the kookaburras go off at 4am (at least I know it's summer when they do that) or the mynas at 7am on Sunday (which is how I know it's winter ..)

They haven't stopped yet, btw, and it's now 10.30am. *sigh* At least I'm going out today, to a heavily urbanised suburb ... no birds ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters