Not an electronic sausage

I was wondering if I should post something about the London bombings. It seems like it should be done. I got emails today from 2 of my high school friends who are actually in London and they and those they hold dear are all safe so that's a good thing.

But then I realised that, unlike this guy, I actually don't have any intelligent comment to offer. Not that the lack thereof has stopped me blogging before, but I'd rather not make a comment on something that is so important to so many people. I might be mistaken for trivialising something that is in the end, not so trivial.

Hiren probably summed it up as well as I could: "It seems like a vast majority of the people are a little miffed that the tube system has gone from bad to worse, and now they have someone they can really vent their anger at."

As I'm nowhere near Europe, let alone London I figure that's as good a summary as any. So my official blog on the matter is blank, containing not an electronic sausage.

So in other news, I'm a member of the Greater Union Cinebuzz Club. Amongst other things that I don't use, they promote a different $8 movie every week. So we went to see Mr and Mrs Smith last week and discovered 2 things :
- the $8 movie is more expensive than normal prices on tight-arse Tuesday
- tight-arse Tuesday in school holidays is packed!
Anyway I quite liked it, a bit of fun and some clever dialogue. In my opinion anyway. DTM said he spent the entire movie waiting for it to get started. I guess it's not on his top 10 flicks list.

Tonight we're going to see Batman Begins, coz guess what! It's this week's $8 movie!!

The only reason I'm obsessed with not paying full price for a movie is so I can fund my skiing habit. 2 weeks to go!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters