Apparently I take requests...

-----Original Message-----
From: D™
Sent: Wednesday, 6 July 2005 8:40 AM
To: the other sexy ferret
Subject: hey more


hey cutes,
You haven't blogged about your iRiver yet!!

-------------------
Isn't he cute (part 2)

So, it seems that I take requests for blog entries :)

Yes, I got an iRiver H10 - it's fabbo. The story goes, that I was researching a new MP3 player for about a week. I checked out reviews from ZDNet, CNet, and PC World. I looked at prices at Tricky Dickie's, MP3Direct, and a couple other dodgy brothers online MP3 player stores as well as on eBay.

In the end I decided on the H10 :
  • it has a replaceable battery
  • the battery can be recharged from USB or via mains with the AC adapter supplied
  • it has maybe 12 hours play time
  • stores 5GB (I don't need 20GB+ and I already have a 128MB player - pshaw!)
  • has a colour screen, jpg compatible for those times when you just want to see a photo ...
  • no software required
  • supports MP3, WMA
  • and does voice recording just in case I want to have my own podcast.
So I told DTM about it, he checked the reviews on Amazon (just in case I had got it wrong) then went to JB Hi-Fi and they were selling it cheaper than anywhere else, and they had sold out, but he placed an order for me.

Then they got a shipment that afternoon!! And DTM picked it up, paid for it, and left it for me to find at home (he went away for the weekend and thought it would be a nice consolation prize). Hence, isn't he cute (part 2). Incidentally, JB Hi-Fi is now advertising the H10 on tv for a whole lot more than DTM paid for it. Timing is everything.

Anyway so since then I've been listening to a bunch of stuff. I tried a few podcasts, and so far I'm hooked on Dawn and Drew, Earthcore (the world's first podcast-only novel), and I also get some laughs from Slacker Astronomy. I tried a couple others, but nothing else really floats my boat so far. Oh and no, I'm not going to podcast just yet. I think writing this blog is just about the limit of my creativity, and definitely is the limit of what other people would find interesting about my thought processes ....

Anyway that'll do for now. A million links to follow.

If you would like to make a request for a future blog entry, send it to butercup at gmail dot com and maybe, just maybe, I'll pay attention to it.

1 Comment:

  1. Scott Sigler said...
    Hey I'm glad you dig EarthCore. Thanks for putting up with my awful Aussie accent -- I'm a writer, not an actor, dammit!

    Scott Sigler

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters