I have become a bit of a geek

It's nearly home time and I'm watching some tests run on my 2nd monitor.

This leads me to a syllogism:

A. Running tests captures my mouse
B. If my mouse is captured I can only type in one other active window and can't change its focus
Therefore, C. I have a bit of time to update my blog before going home.

But, the blog entry will probably be strangely linkless (see point B) until I can get round to that tomorrow.

So anyway, I tooled around a little bit this afternoon with some funky-arse javascript to add a little dynamic countdown clock to the sidebar. See it? Innit cool? Anyways it's counting down the days and hours left before we go to Queenstown. I had to mess around in the code part of it first and then I actually read the javascript to work out how it worked, and .... well .. you know the rest.

I guess it's official.

I've become a bit of a geek.

But isn't the javascript cooOOOOooool ?!?!?!

And aren't you all just the teensiest bit jealous that I'm going skiing in (insert javascript here) 13 days and some hours?!!?

Hey another conclusion of the syllogism is that I'm just gonna keep typing here until the tests finish. Hehehe. Some truly random interior monologue is about to appear ... Oh wait, that's just normal.

Someone remarked to me once how strange it was that on the train all the commuters are essentially silent. People might cough, sniffle, turn pages in their newspapers, or maybe even you can hear music overflow from their crappy headphones (not from mine as they are excellent Sennheisers!!) ... and if someone actually has the audacity to hold a conversation, they kind of feel out of place. I mean, it's not as if it's a library, but that seems to be the general feeling. Or it could just be that we don't want to wake up the person snoring next to us ...

.. oop, tests over, and it's time to go home.

Links will appear later ... stay tuned!!

edit: links added, but they're pretty average - I guess it's a case of "you had to be there".

4 Comments:

  1. Hiren Joshi said...
    The German buses are remarkably quiet too, I think it's a worldwide thing. Although, this morning, a bunch of children got on the bus, and filled the atmosphere with lots of little screaming and giggling noises. Luckily, I had my headphones on, and instead heard Jack Johnson giving a concert in a school playground at recess.
    Anonymous said...
    Apparently a large number of people who survived the London tube explosions had perforated eardrums.

    However people who were using personal audio equipment at the time didn't.
    Is there anything MP3 players can't do?
    butercup said...
    MP3 players ROCK ...

    I don't know how you broke the coutdown timer.

    It "worksforme".
    Anonymous said...
    You're peeking over the fence between "userland" and "developerland" (with the javascript, testing, html, etc).

    Our backyard is so much more fun.

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters