I'm a smarty pants

Last semester I did a subject called "Business Planning for Innovation". This was one of those things where you had to analyse an innovation the company was thinking of exploiting, and devise a business plan that should take it to market and make truckloads of cash. Somehow the marker understood what I wrote about .. after two assignments I was sitting on a mark of about 65% for the total course (and there was still 30% to come from the exam).

So then there was this exam. My exam story is kinda funny. When I was doing the sample paper it took me ages to finally work out what the first question was asking. But once I understood, it was ok, I just hoped the real exam would be the same type of question. So I got to the exam (interspersed with random trials and tribulations related to that travel agent) sat down, read the instructions: "1 1/2 hours, answer Question 1 and then answer one of the following three questions". So I got started ... 45 minutes per question, sounds pretty straightforward.

.... Eventually I seemed to realise what Question 1 had actually been about, and scribbled some sort of conclusion, looked at the clock - 1 hour had passed!! Oh no!! So flipped to the next question (luckily I'd already picked the one to do ..) scrawled some amazingly incoherent answer, looked at the clock again ... hmm, that was 10 minutes. Waaaaiiit... time dilation or what?? I still have 20 minutes!! So then I tried to fit in some padding and explanations and proof that I actually did know what I was talking about, into the incoherent mess that was Question 2. Re-read Question 1 ... why not add another conclusion, since the first one seemed a bit confused ... time's up!

My confusion was obviously not shared by the marker :


Woah. (Just in case you need to know, HD = High Distinction, as in, the highest grade they give)

So, one subject to go. Somehow I have to continue to confuse the markers that my incoherence is in fact cleverly disguised genius.

Think it'll work? It would take a miracle!

1 Comment:

  1. Hiren Joshi said...
    Nerd! :P (Well done)

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters