Portraiture

Once upon a time there was a garage band ...

Steve and DTM and Karen and I used to jam in Steve's den under his parents' place in Padstow. Steve played guitar and wrote all our songs, DTM played guitar, (some rhythm, some lead), Karen played the drums and I played bass. Nobody sang.

Steve had a 4-track so we recorded our songs for posterity. Recently I dug the tape out and got the songs converted to mp3s so now through the magic of the internet you can all hear our stuff. It's not so bad, though you can tell how we were still pretty inexperienced. And no, none of us has continued playing, so we're still in the land of the non-performing.

Anyway listen and enjoy (right click to save, left click to just listen).

1. conversation

2. for janine

3. mistral

Feel free to leave reviews :)


Edit: Music runs in the family, here is Alex Yu singing "Do the Hot Potato" .... maybe he should have joined our band!!

4 Comments:

  1. Hiren Joshi said...
    Nice stuff, although the mono sound is a bit weird from my headphones. You do realise you have to dig out a picture of the band now?
    butercup said...
    aha!! there you are foiled, there were never any pics taken of the band. ever. you'll just have to imagine how cool we looked.
    Anonymous said...
    This takes me back to a time when life was much simpler...

    (heavy sigh)
    Anonymous said...
    Oh my God that's awful! Take it away!!! :)

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters