they really are the works

So last night I was telling D™ a story about my day. We wondered if it's just me that has weird things happen, or maybe it's just me who feels the need to share all the time.

See, I had to go get some USB memory sticks for work. There's an Officeworks on the way home from work so that's easy. I got into the store at about 5pm.

Then I went down to the tech section, and viewed the keys through the locked glass cabinet - picked out the one I wanted by eye. 1GB for $45, you can't beat that, especially when 512MB by the same manufacturer was $60. So then I wandered out of the tech section looking for someone to unlock the cabinet, instantly a helpful assistant in a yellow high-vis jacket came to my aid. Straight away, he gets the key, unlocks it, selects my USB keys (I needed 2 of them), then starts heading to the register.

I said, "oh, sorry, I also need to get some DVDs" .. so he takes me to the DVD section, I stand there with him (he's still holding my USB keys) and so I feel all rushed, anyway I pick some Sony DVD-Rs and he says "oh, they're just DVD-R, is that ok?" and I was "huh? Is there a difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?" and he says, "no, just that they're not DVD-RW" .. oh, right. Well D™ asked for DVD-R specifically so I guess he knew what he wanted. Anyway yellowjacket is now holding my 50 DVD-Rs and my USB keys. Then he starts heading for the register again.

"Oh, sorry, I also needed to get some CD cases." So he walks me to the CD case section, where luckily I already knew what I wanted and just grabbed them. Meanwhile he's still carrying my DVDs and my USB keys. This time when he starts heading for the register I follow him meekly. We get there and there's a queue, and the register attendant has just walked off with a wodge of $50 notes, presumably cashing out, but with customers still in line. So the yellowjacket looks at me, then waves at the manager, and sure enough, someone comes over and opens the next register. Yellowjacket takes my USB keys and DVDs and me over to the newly opened register, waits till he makes eye contact with the attendant, and then finally puts the USB keys down. Then turns to me and says "here you go, have a nice evening". I was back in Maxy and on the road by 5.15pm.

Now tell me, how many times have *you* been to Officeworks and got a parcel carrying service *inside* the store?

Is it just me?

1 Comment:

  1. Jarvina said...
    ... I had somebody in there smile at me once. Does that count?

    I think it's just you. Damn lumberjacks.

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters