road rage

I was going to write a post about how I'm such a perfect driver and everyone else out there should drive the way I want them to, but then re-read it and realised I sound like a total idiot, so I deleted it. And replaced it with a total ramble through the trackless waste that is my mind on coffee.

If you suffer from road rage, or even just if you're human, you must read the Consolations of Philosphy (it must be good, my mum likes it), which has an interesting thing to say about other people: you have to remember that they aren't doing what they do *just* to annoy you. They are doing it because they just don't care about you nearly as much as they care about themselves. Just like you. So deal with it.

Speaking of dealing with things, our lunchtime poker game has experienced tragedy of a sort that is hard to recover from: the 2 of clubs has a tear in it. I guess that's what's known as a marked card. Put that together with our "if you've got a pair of twos, go all-in" rule and you end up with an interesting game.

Meanwhile my favourite sister-in-law is getting on a plane tonight to go to Europe. I'm insanely jealous, not about Europe (though I'd love to visit there one day) but because we haven't had our annual ski trip this year due to house-bound imperatives like renovating, and house-hunting. Have a nice time Mandy and don't forget to email us, at least once!

3 Comments:

  1. Hiren Joshi said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Hiren Joshi said...
    Day: 3 AMSTERDAM - HEIDELBERG, GERMANY - RHINELAND

    Should I be trying to sneak into the background of pictures, and being generally subversive?

    Just checking out the hotels, if the itinerary includes staying in Mannheim, a visit to City Döner near the train station is mandatory. Best Döner in the region.

    (Also - how long has this comment catchpa become now - 8 letters?!)
    butercup said...
    hehe - yeah, see if you can recognise her from here.

    Didn't think so ;)

    Ok, I want to see you hanging round the Heidelberg sites waiting for Globus buses, and sneaking into photos for the next 3 weeks. And then don't be surprised when Interpol finds you :P

    p.s. only 5 letters for my captcha, so ner.

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters