ride 'em cowboy

I don't understand yodelling. I don't understand how you do it, why you do it, and why you'd listen to it.

Wikipedia says:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary the word yodel is derived from a German word jodeln (originally Bavarian) meaning "to utter the syllable jo".
yoy

That being said, last night we were watching Spicks and Specks - which concluded with a demonstration of classical yodelling. What's that? You thought that meant "yodelling in the classical style" as opposed to "yodelling in the latest alternative-grunge-punk-hip/hop-folk-groove style"? No, no you're mistaken. It means yodelling to classical music. The yodeller yodelled her way through the William Tell Overture.

It was astounding.

As pastimes go though, I suppose her childhood of hanging around in mango trees, yodelling, is better than some. Me, I prefer listening to things other than yodels on my iriver. Did I mention that I don't own an iPod? Well these iPod covers almost make me want one. As Cher would say "I wonder if they have that in my size.."


ed: thought for the day - seeing as we all have blogs and we can be self-published geniuses all over the world, why is it so gratifying to see yourself linked on someone else's blog?


As D™ says:
Now you have to blog about being quoted in a blog and so the intenet fills up just that little bit more with junk.
*sigh*

1 Comment:

  1. faerie said...
    DTM, if you can't beat em, join em.
    Butercup, I've also linked to your blog on mine so feel gratifyed again.
    Yeah I don't get yodelling... I also have an iriver. They must be awesome if we've both got one. Down with iPods.
    Hope all is well in the big city.

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters