Beg, borrow or steal ..

When we were kids, we would often spend at least one morning of the weekend at the local library. Once we started going to high school, though, there was either no time for the local library, or maybe we had enough books at school. I dunno. But it's one of the things I miss. Making the time to go to a library, and wandering round, choosing books, reading anything that looks interesting, seeing new books there and borrowing them to take home .. I really enjoyed that.

Nowadays we still don't go to the library. I'm all growed up, and still living in the vicinity of the same public library as when I was a kid. And although I still think about going to the library, I'm more likely to get my new book fix by going to the bookstore and buying whatever it is. Or getting the DVD ... I think I could probably save a lot of dollars if I stopped buying books and started borrowing them again. If I read it once, and think it's worth reading again, then maybe I could buy it, but otherwise I'm saving not only money but shelf space. The other day, D™ was stacking my Christmas present-load of books onto the bookshelf and we've actually totally filled it up. Double stacked.

So imagine my joy when my mate Hiren somehow managed to smuggle this into the country for me. I'd like to take the time to say WOW. For sending me a present, for managing to put an Australian stamp on it, for it arriving just in time for my birthday, all from Heidelberg. Give that man a pat on the back, he's pretty clever!

In other news, T-day is rapidly approaching and I'm dead certain it's going to rain. Bob said so.

p.s. Thanks Hiren, you rock.

Edit: Yay for the University of Michigan for supporting Google Print. It looks like one day I won't have to even go to the library to borrow books!

3 Comments:

  1. Hiren Joshi said...
    Glad you like it!

    When the waste robot lubricant hits the fan in the inevitable bloody uprising, I know who I'll be turning to for help now. Who will know what to do with this monster, or any beast from here? I'm hoping you will.

    I'll have to fess up though, and give credit for the logistics of getting the book to you to the bro.

    Happy Birthday for Friday :)
    Hiren Joshi said...
    Oh yeah, and if you haven't watched it already, watch the IT crowd. BoingBoing has the lowdown.

    Do you think we're geekier?
    butercup said...
    I've started reading it, and LOLercopters are flying round my head. It's funny, well written, and scary coz it's true ....

    hehe ...

    well done Hiren's bro !!

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters