Ruminations

Well, I wasn't chewing my cud on the train exactly, but I did have one of those excellent foam cups from my morning coffee so while munching on that I was thinking about .. well .. stuff ...

Firstly, the best ever name for nail polish - which I happened to apply during the weekend - is Posh Trash. Now it looks like a lovely mushroomy colour, kinda shiny and stuff, and while not exactly trashy I wouldn't call it Posh. So it's got a perfectly inapplicable name.

At this point I was going to go on and on about names, or something, but I've got nothing original to add right now. So too bad.

But other things I'm ruminating about are .. trying to get to Melbourne to see my grandfather (who's just contracted pneumonia), sorting out my credit card changeover (farewell ANZ, hello HSBC), exactly what kind of MP3 player I should get (should I go for one over $300 to get the tax back when we go to NZ or should I just get a cheaper one?), oh and where the super six are going to stay in July. And wondering if the unlucky couple who has to sleep in the sofa bed in the loungeroom will have to curtail any nightly rumpy pumpy action or if the other two couples will just join in. I think about lots of weird stuff (TM) on the train.

Edit : the super six weekend has moved to a place with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, thank goodness. I chose this place for the bedrooms, despite the incredibly overengineered inefficient bandwidth-hogging website. Click the link if you dare!

Further ruminating at this stage was cut short by wondering if I should change trains at West Ryde to get the express. {yes all that previous thinking took place between Eastwood and West Ryde - I have a busy brain, so - meh!} So I got up, then there was an announcement saying the express was late, so I wandered down and found a different seat. So then I had no more excuses and had to open my bag and encounter Economics.

Oh boy that was fun. A rumination killer if ever there was one. NPVs, FVs, IRR, B/C ratios and now I have to apply it to business planning.

erg!

oh and btw - if you're worried about any potential toxic side effects of munching the foam cup - it's ok, I checked it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters