The land of apathy

Returning from the land of apathy is a funny thing.

I had this massive assignment to do, so I was spending a lot of time doing that. And then when it was finally over, I couldn't be less interested in sitting in front of the puter writing anything -let alone blogging about my insignificant little life. I mean really, what do I do that's so different, how am I adding to the world of thoughts and ideas that is the internet.

Anyway after a prolonged bout of apathy/indifference/disinclination to share anything with my loyal subscribers .. I'm back.

Here's some lessons for you:
1. finishing a big project that has been taking all your heart and soul for a period of time, is likely to lead to apathy
2. if it doesn't lead to apathy it will probably lead to illness of some kind (another reason I've been disinclined to post - my head was hurting!!)
3. apathy and illness, combined, are a powerful force for darkness.

I spent most of my time off work (I was sick, remember?) lying on the lounge under a doona, drinking tea, snoozing, or watching Season 2 of Buffy. I particularly enjoyed watching Innocence with the commentary by Joss Whedon. Someone told me that his commentaries are hilarious - and they are!! So that was fun. Then my head hurted again (yes that is a word) and I slept.

Things are less hurty now. That's a good thing. I have an exam on 17th June, that's a bad thing, but then only -one-more-subject- and I'm finished my degree!! I think I'll stop studying for a while after that. What am I going to do with all my free time?

Feel free to post suggestions :)

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You asked for suggestions.... Have a baby, that'll fill your spare time nicely (however much spare time you have).

    Also, I draw your attention to here.
    Hiren Joshi said...
    Knitting
    butercup said...
    hehe - yeah, well, I already read books and surf the net - and that's just at work. Then in my free time I could *learn* to knit, thanks Hiren, and I will knit myself a baby. Thanks Michael.

    anyone *else* got anything to offer?

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters