Tell me why I don't like Mondays

You ever have one of those days when you shoulda just stayed in bed?

My Monday sucked - I agree, most Mondays suck, but especially when your day goes like this:

  • got to work, that bit was ok, thought "i'd better put some dollars into my keycard account" so logged in to ANZ, sent the transfer, all seemed hunky dory
  • called MBF to upgrade our hospital cover .. well that failed because apparently even though anyone with my mbf card can do it over the internet, I can't do it over the phone .. sheesh
  • went to eastgardens at lunch, but started by turning the wrong way out of the driveway..
  • finally managed to get there, so went to the ATM to get that cash I shoved into my keycard account, oh it seems I neglected to hit confirm at the new exciting second confirmation page of my internet banking so the extra cash was missing (at this point I should have given up)
  • went to Target to try to exchange a funky cardy that I bought on Saturday that D™ reckons was too big, the woman helpfully took it from me at the refunds counter and gave me an exchange note, then I spent 15 minutes getting lost in an unfamiliar Target and then finally walked out cardy-less because not only did they not have the cardy in my size they didn't even have it in the slightly wrong size ... or colour ... or anything ...
  • got takeaway for lunch, finally, and didn't really want it but I knew I needed it ...
  • nearly lost my car in the carpark, pretty much chose an aisle at random to walk down thinking I had ages to go to get to the car and then discovered it was on the other side of the aisle I'd chosen - purely by chance ...
  • got back to the work carpark and someone had taken my space .. had to randomly trawl for a spot in the sunny zone on a different level of the carpark to where I normally park
  • got back to the office, sat down and only managed to eat half the takeaway because it was just .. not very exciting ..
  • was putting the leftover in the fridge (this was about 1.50pm) when dude walks in looking like he wanted me for something, I said "what you after?" he said "that meeting you scheduled, I'm here" .... me: o_O ".... ? Oh. *That* meeting. Right. Let me just get my notebook ...."
  • had a meeting from 2- 3.50 at which point I had to leave in a hurry so I could get to target at Macquarie to try to find my bloody cardy ..
  • lost my car *again* as I walked to the wrong part of the carpark because I'd had to park elsewheres ...
  • finally on the road, heading the right way this time, I think I ran a red light at broadway ... all the other cars had stopped ... Hmmmm....
  • decided to take the bridge and new exciting tunnel, managed to get out before the M2 started (At which point I foolishly thought I'd made it through the day) - got to Mac in plenty of time ..
  • and went to target. They didn't have the cardy in either the good size or the slightly too big size. Asked the ladies at the exchange counter to ring around for me, no it's not at Parra or Carlingford, so as far as I'm concerned it's nowhere and I don't even have the too-big one, all I have is a bloody credit note.
  • Finally got home (didn't lose my car this time) through stupid "leaving north ryde heading west" traffic at which point it surely *had* to be over ...
  • posted the monster laptop sleeve story and then today I heard that the image didn't post properly from picasa and so had to fix it tonight!

I'm so glad that next week due to a religious observance, there is no Monday.

1 Comment:

  1. Jarvina said...
    I want to sho-oh-oh-oh-t ... the whole ... day ... down.

    Yay for religious observances :)

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters