Snickerdoodle!

I know, it's a very weird word.

We were watching Veronica Mars (love it!!! love it!!!!) and she was baking snickerdoodles for friend Wallace. What are snickerdoodles?? (BTW, if you start messing round on that marsinvestigations.net site, you will note that your browser must accept snickerdoodles cookies - I laughed myself stupid reading that. D™ reckons that us net-nerds are all as bad as each other ..)

According to the best cooking reference book ever, they are a corruption of the word Schneckennudeln which means crinkly noodles. In fact, they deviate so far from crinkly noodles that the recipe in fact makes sugary, buttery cinnamon-coated biscuits. Where do the Americans come up with these names?

Besides - I just googled Schneckennudeln. They ain't like the American ones. I had to bake the American ones, just to be sure...



Ooohhhh... so hungry now ....

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That photo makes them look like potato scallops but gosh darn, they don't taste nothin' like em.
    backup10 said...
    I was googling stuff, and I came across your post about the snickerdoodles/cookies joke. I wrote that line, and I'm glad that it made you laugh,
    SafeTinspector said...
    My wife LOOVES snickerdoodles. Her family was quite familiar and fond of them when I met her.

    My family makes a dessert called "railroaders" that are almost miniature strudels, but have pretty much the same ingredients, just in a different form. Whatever!

    Hey, you once-upon-a-time visited my music blog. I've made some major changes and have been casting about telling those who visited in the past to come on by and check out the redux.
    Jarvina said...
    hmm, can I put in an order for some when I get back?

    Those snickersdoodles are making me thirsty!
    Anonymous said...
    Snickerdoodles are one of the best cookies! My mom makes them and they are great, I still haven't perfected them, but nice to hear that they have made it to Australia :-)

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters