To start, press here


I love Ikea instructions. There are no words, so they translate to any language with the same amount of ease. They always start with the things you need, and sometimes the ikea man has a helper - does that mean "You need a friend"? - I wonder if it's a comment on the sort of people who furnish their houses with ikea .... oh wait, that would be us.

So anyway you know how I was ranting about little boxes, well it seems Ikea has taken this to the next logical conclusion: flat-pack housing. It's not new (treehugger talked about it in 2005) but I've only just become aware of it. I wonder how many allen keys you need to assemble them? Arre they bigger than normal size? Do you need a friend too? Do you then have to assemble all the furniture (and is it fixed in place with tippskyd) and what happens if you put in a floor part upside down - does the furniture attach to the roof????

Side note: while researching links for this silly, silly post I've found out why Ikea instructions aren't in words: their word for an allen key is insexnyckel. Tell me that you'd take it seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters