cubular bells

I was just perusing my bloglines, as you do, for something to read, and came across photojojo's latest post about making cubular photos. I quite like photojojo for supplying my needs in photography: namely, to have stuff to talk to D™ about over dinner... Like the awesomeness of the GorillaPod (in our house, now known as the drillerpod, for reasons best left unexplored) which ended up being an awesome Christmas present for D™ - up till then I'd had the exciting options of socks, jocks, or a box (of nothing).

Anyway back onto photojojo, they also often post links to other sites - like the runningfromcamera dude. They just make me giggle, which is always a good side benefit of using the InterWeb.

So today they had this story about DIY cubular photos but they linked to a story from 2001 about cubular watermelons. Watermelons. Squared. For ¥10,000 each. That's about $105 aussie. Yikes! I like my watermelon round, if that's the price of cubed! Reminds me of that Donald Duck story about Square Aigs....

Which in turns puts me in mind of one of my dad's favourite jokes. Or is it one of my favourite dad jokes. Anyway.

Q: How do you know how many pies to buy for lunch?

.. wait for it ..

..

..

A: Oh, 2 Π R enough to go around.

Hehe.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You forgot the postcard dude, who takes photos of the thing on the postcard and puts the postcard into the photo.

    I think cubular watermelons are a great idea, they would stack much more easily than the round ones, and instead of a gingerbread house you could have a watermelon house, that is until you ate it.

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters