thinking funny ...


So having written such a wimpy post last time, I'm in the utterly unenviable position of having to write a good one to make up for it, which I will feel much better about leaving to rot on the front page of the blog for a few days/weeks/months.


Unfortunately, I *still* don't have much useful to say. I read an article yesterday which talks about why men are funnier than women. The conclusion was that men have all this energy to spend on impressing women (or killing each other) in order to reproduce (which doesn't take much, now, does it) so there's oodles available for being funny, while women have essentially no energy left after saving it all for reproducing, so they don't bother.


Does anyone laugh when they read my blog? Am I funny? I think I might be funny = strange, but not funny = haha, at least not in the way of, say, Girl vs Pig. So I guess it might be true, and especially must be so, because one of my little-known New Year's Revosolutions is that I have decided to live by the statement "I found it on the internet, so it's true". Think about it.


5 Comments:

  1. Jarvina said...
    Well, after watching the 'special' Australia Week version of David Letterman, I concluded that now the Americans are nearly as funny as the Germans.

    So I can say, unequivocably (even if I can't spell it) that your blog is funny, perhaps funny 'strange', generally funny "ha!-that's-great" but always funny "hmm-I-was-reading-something-the-otherday-on-topic-X-what-was-it-...-oh-yes!-that -was-a-buter-posting-and-*that's*-what-she-wrote-about-it. Ha-ha! And-it's-so-true..."

    If that counts as an answer. I don't remember that being an option in the multiple choice.
    Jarvina said...
    and that last sample response didn't come out very well at all, did it?

    Replace with: "Hmm, I was reading something the otherday on topic X - ... oh, that's right, it was a buter posting and *that's* what she wrote about it. Ha-ha! And it's so true ..."

    *grumble* stupid css word wrap *grumble*
    butercup said...
    haha, and I find your comments equally amusant so we're equal.

    Liberté, Egalité, Sororité and all that.
    Anonymous said...
    I laughed at the "I've visited my blog this many times:"... thought that was very witty :)

    Who wants to be funny anyway? It's much easier to get attention by being angsty and depressive!

    Hope to catch up in March!
    B said...
    woulda look at that?! You been a blogger for as long as me. Well technically, you've been on blogger eons before me but yeah...you're funny!

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters