political commentary

I'm not normally one to express a political opinion.

This thing happening in the US though, it's pretty scary. The sheer amount of information available over the web covering all aspects of Hurricane Katrina is astounding. I've been keeping up with the news mainly via BoingBoing which is relaying blog posts and photoblogs from some people on the inside of the refugee shelters. It's freaky stuff. And kind of horrifying. You've got all these people who are now sitting around displaced, having lost their homes, livelihoods, probably friends, loved ones and all their worldly possessions, in short everything that makes them individuals ... they probably thought they were part of the greatest country in the world, and now they are all feeling like they have been sidelined by their government.

Well, hey, it sure looks that way doesn't it. I'm not going to add to all the political blogging mainly because I wouldn't know how to express my complete bewilderment ... I was following a "timeline of a disaster" and it just amazes me how the Administration knew the hurricane would come, they knew the extent of the impact, and they diverted funds from flood prevention and risk management.

So anyway, you can read tons of stuff about this on the web already. Why should I post anything about it? Well because I came across this image today, and thought, now that's worth preserving. I'm sure they meant it to refer to the Hurricane. Or did they?

If you can't read that clearly (or you've turned off images or something) it says in big bold letters "Bush: One of the worst disasters to hit the U.S."

Ahh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters