Smarter? Or just more Clarkly..


So one day recently I got new specs.

Of course the question most people ask is "do they make me look smarter" - but as you all know, I'm a highly intelligent person - adding spectacle-induced smarts would be sort-of redundant.

So noooo, what I went for is the Clark Kent effect. When I wear my specs, I'm a totally different person. See, here is my alter ego writing postcards from EnnZed .... because that's far too boring for super-me.


I had this flashback recently, about that Twisties ad, where there is a woman sitting in the cinema and she opens a packet of those cheesy munchies, and tall, dark and handsome steps out of the movie screen and walks down to her asking if he can have a Twistie.

When I mentioned it to my colleagues, they looked at me as if I was insane.

Then all of a sudden (2 weeks later) I realised that I was missing the vital ingredient - the name of the original movie where that happened!! Yes, folks, it was indeed

(drum roll please)

The Purple Rose of Cairo
!!

A flick by Woody Allen, starring Mia Farrow (of course) and Jeff Daniels. Whoever he was.

Obviously I recalled the film name because of the new specs.

[I don't think I want Twisties any more after going to their homepage:
"Twisties is the number one extruded snack brand with lots of tasty flavours and fun shapes to choose from. Twisties makes any snack time “FUN”tastic with all the guaranteed quality and freshness that Twisties is famous for."

Err... the number one extruded snack? When did I ask for truth in advertising? Was this written in Engrish?]

1 Comment:

  1. Hiren Joshi said...
    You look strange wearing those glasses! It must be the whole alter-ego thing.

    Jeff Daniels, or course, is one half of the comedic duo that led Dumb and Dumber to it's international box office success. You can draw your own conclusions as to how good an actor he is.

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters