having got so far, it seems a pity to waste it

Yeah I know you've all been badgering me about updating my blog. Well here's an email update that may work, or may not, in which case you'd never know, but for that reason it's probably also going to be shorter than most. Just like me.

So anyway I was caught out recently saying "Bother!". Now this is not something that would normally catch me out, except that someone else said in response - Oh, it's Winnie the Pooh! And after I recovered from my double-take, I thought, hmmm, it really is Winnie-the-Pooh. Those who know me well (all 2 of you) know that most of my quotable quote repertoire comes from the Princess Bride or from Clueless, with a little bit of Buffy thrown in. But in fact I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a large chunk of my vocabulary that comes from Winnie the Pooh. After all, it was my favourite book to have read to me when I was little. As I got older I enjoyed Alice in Wonderland as well, but that's another story... (ooowww, bad punning..)

So anyway, back to "Oh Bother" and the quote that names this post. I wouldn't say it's my most favourite Pooh Bear story, because they're all good. But anyway this one, where Pooh gets stuck in a hole, is just funny.

"Having got so far, it seems a pity to waste it"

Ciao....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters