non-geeks, avert thine eyes

I know I might risk alienating my readership. Oh well. Sometimes you just have to tell the world how geeky you are.

If you use Firefox then maybe you'll like this one. Sometimes I can't be bothered hunting through the list of bookmarks for the one I just know is there - like my bloglines, or smh or whatever. Well in FF you can set a keyword (or words) for your bookmark, that you can type in the address bar and you will just go there! So good.

Go to Bookmarks -> Manage bookmarks.

Right-Click on a bookmark name that you love like ... oooh, jarv's blog.

Then enter a keyword, say "Jarv".


Then save it.

You're done! Open a new FF tab (by Ctrl+t, dummy) and type "jarv" in the address bar.

It's Magic!

Today's geeky fact is brought to you by the Window+D key combo. Never lose your desktop again!

2 Comments:

  1. Jarvina said...
    Ohh! I feel so special :)

    I guess that means I'll actually have to write something in on my blog now ... dang.

    Good tip tho' - I was wondering how long it would take the FF crew ... so I suppose that means that IE will be there in another 3 years or so ...
    faerie said...
    haha, yes I read language log too ;)
    I'm not a computer geek yet, but seriously considering taking a subject @ uni next semester... computer geeks are the way of the future girl!

Post a Comment



I"ve visited my blog this many times:

Free Web Counters